The NOLA Voice Talent Foundation was formed in 2009 by British voice-over talent Stephen James to provide affordable education and opportunities for voice-actors and all voice performers.
The Foundation provides donors, volunteers, and advocates with the organization they require to provide education and opportunities for performers and to use those talents to support the community at large.
In addition to regular affordable bi-weekly workshops in New Orleans, the Foundation provides workshops and classes across the whole of the Gulf Coast states and is currently expanding its programs nationwide as the National Voice Talent Foundation.
Among the programs provided by The NOLA Voice Talent Foundation are:
• “It’s a Wonderful Life” annual benefit production (since 2009)
• The Annual NVT Awards (since 2013)
• Regular Bi-weekly workshops in New Orleans (Since 2009), Baton Rouge (20010-2014)
• Occasional workshops along the Gulf Coast – (Biloxi MS, Ocean Springs MS, Jackson MS, Baton Rouge LA, Pensacola FL, Mobile, AL)
• Reading for the Blind Program – Lafayette, LA. (2016)
• Boys and Girls Clubs voice-over workshops for junior talent (since 2016)
• Voice-over opportunities for non-profits (since 2009)
• Annual Weekend Seminar (2012, 2013)
• Voice-over workshops for inner city youth (2012)
• Regular Bi-weekly workshops in Baton Rouge (2010-2014)
• Workshops for Juniors in New Orleans and Baton Rouge
Immediate main goals:
• To secure maximum possible funds to push the Foundation forward into 2018 and the next 10 years and beyond.
• To establish and develop the ongoing programs and to introduce new programs where viable.
• To establish The NOLA Voice Talent Resource Centers in New Orleans LA and Biloxi, MS.
• To establish a History of Radio museum, incorporating antique radios and microphones and sound bites of historic events broadcast by radio as well as significant radio commercials and voice-over highlights from history.
Beneficiaries to date:
The NOLA Voice Talent Foundation is proud to have provided donations to the following organizations:
• Gretna Cultural Center for the Arts, Gretna, LA.
• Pensacola Little Theatre, Pensacola, FL.
• Deutsches Haus Cultural Center, Metairie, LA.
• Common Ground Relief, New Orleans, LA.
• Louisiana Produces – Lafayette Film & Entertainment MeetUp Group, Lafayette, LA.
• Joe Jefferson Players, Mobile, AL.
• New Stage Theatre, Jackson, MS.
• Freedom Movement (NOLA), Kenner, LA.
• Crescent City Youth Theater, New Orleans, LA.
• New Orleans Voice-over MeetUp group, New Orleans, LA.