The Marigny Opera House a non-denominational, neighborhood church of the arts. Its mission as a church is to celebrate the arts as a common spiritual bond among all people. The building was originally Holy Trinity Catholic Church, which was founded in 1847, a place widely admired for the quality of its music. Repurposed as the Marigny Opera House in 2011, the church now serves as a cultural center for classical music, opera, and theatre, and home of the Marigny Opera Ballet.
The church occasionally hosts weddings and film location shoots, which help subsidize its operations as a non-profit arts center. The guests generally make use of the large, private church lawn as well as the elegant columned interior space for their ceremonies and receptions.